~ REFERENCES ~
1. Mayo Clinic. Pregnancy Week by Week. Fetal Development: The First Trimester. July 2011. [Cited 9-Dec-12]. Available at www.mayoclinic.com/health/fetal-development/PR00113/NSECTIONGROUP=2
4. Mayo Clinic. Pregnancy Week by Week. Fetal Development: The First Trimester. July 2011. [Cited 22-Jan-12]. Available from: www.mayoclinic.com/health/fetal-development/PR00113/NSECTIONGROUP=2
5. Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine. Weight gain during pregnancy: reexamining the guidelines. p 2. Washington, DC. The National Academies Press; 2009). [Cited 20-Jan-12]. Available from: www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=12584&page=2
6. Nicklas, T.A., Qu, H., Hughes, S.O., Wagner, S.E., Foushee, H.R., Shewchuk, R.M. 2009. Prevalence of self-reported lactose intolerance in multiethnic sample of adults. Nutrition Today. 44(5): 222-227.
7. Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and NIH Office of Medical Applications of Research. NIH Consensus Development Conference. Lactose Intolerance and Health. February 22-24, 2010. [Cited 9-Dec-12]. Available from: consensus.nih.gov/2010/lactosestatement.htm
8. Dehkordi N, Rao DR, Warren AP, Chawan CB. Lactose malabsorption as influenced by chocolate milk, skim milk, sucrose, whole milk, and lactic cultures. J Am Diet Assoc. 1995 Apr;95(4):484-6.
9. Lee CM, Hardy CM. Cocoa feeding and human lactose intolerance. Am J Clin Nutr. 1989 May;49(5):840-4.
10. Recker RR, Bammi A, Barger-Lux MJ, Heaney RP. Calcium absorbability from milk products, an imitation milk, and calcium carbonate. Am J Clin Nutr. 1988 Jan;47(1):93-5.
12. Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Arsenic, Boron, Chromium, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenum, Nickel, Silicon, Vanadium and Zinc. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001.
13. Kannan S. Factors in vegetarian diets influencing iron and zinc bioavailability. Vegetarian Nutrition: a dietetic practice group of the American Dietetic Association. 2012. [Cited 3-Jan-12]. Available from: vndpg.org/articles/Iron-and-Zinc-Bioavailability-in-Vegetarian-Nutrition.php
14. Kobayashi M, Nagatani Y, Magishi N, Tokuriki N, Nakata Y, Tsukiyama R, Imai H, Suzuki M, Saito M, Tsuji K. Promotive effect of Shoyu polysaccharides from soy sauce on iron absorption in animals and humans. Int J Mol Med. 2006 Dec;18(6):1159-63.
15. Mangels R. The Everything Vegan Pregnancy Book. P 43. Adams Media: Avon Massachusetts; 2011.
16. Macfarlane BJ, van der Riet WB, Bothwell TH, Baynes RD, Siegenberg D, Schmidt U, Tal A, Taylor JR, Mayet F. Effect of traditional oriental soy products on iron absorption. Am J Clin Nutr. 1990 May;51(5):873-80.
18. Meltz, Wendy. “Fantastic Fruit.” Nutrition Action Health Letter. May 1998.
19. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC). A service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), National Institutes of Health (NIH) Constipation. July 2007. [Cited 5-Jan-12]. Available from: digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/constipation/index.aspx
20. King S, Laplante DP. The effects of prenatal maternal stress on children's cognitive development: Project Ice Storm. Stress. 2005 Mar;8(1):35-45.
21. Talge NM, Neal C, Glover V; Early Stress, Translational Research and Prevention Science Network: Fetal and Neonatal Experience on Child and Adolescent Mental Health. Antenatal maternal stress and long-term effects on child neurodevelopment: how and why? J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2007 Mar-Apr;48(3-4):245-61.
22. Beijers R, Jansen J, Riksen-Walraven M, de Weerth C. Maternal prenatal anxiety and stress predict infant illnesses and health complaints. Pediatrics. 2010 Aug;126(2):e401-9.
23. Davis EP, Sandman CA. The timing of prenatal exposure to maternal cortisol and psychosocial stress is associated with human infant cognitive development. Child Dev. 2010 Jan-Feb;81(1):131-48.
24. Van den Bergh BR, Marcoen A. High antenatal maternal anxiety is related to ADHD symptoms, externalizing problems, and anxiety in 8- and 9-year-olds. Child Dev. 2004 Jul-Aug;75(4):1085-97.
25. Ghosh JK, Wilhelm MH, Dunkel-Schetter C, Lombardi CA, Ritz BR. Paternal support and preterm birth, and the moderation of effects of chronic stress: a study in Los Angeles county mothers. Arch Womens Ment Health. 2010 Aug;13(4):327-38.